Significant Investor Visa (SIV)
The Significant Investor visa (SIV) programme is a pathway to provide for significant migrant investment into Australia under the Business Innovation and Investment visa programme.
Since the commencement of the SIV programme on 24 November 2012 until 31 December 2014:
- 2001 Expressions of Interest (EOI) were submitted through SkillSelect
- 1721 Invitations to apply for a SIV were issued as a result of applicants being nominated by a state or territory government
- 1462 Primary applications were lodged
- 595 Primary visas were granted
As of 31 December 2014:
- 43 per cent of primary visa applications have been on hand for less than three months. The service standard for the Business Innovation and Investment visa is 6-9 months.
- AUD 2.975 billion has been invested in Complying Investments.
- AUD 2.945 billion is proposed to be invested in Complying Investments.
To read more, please follow this link to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.